Defra Contact Number: 01904 641 000

Contact the UK Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra) on the following telephone number 01904 641 000 to report a case of fly-tipping, discuss your local recycling and rubbish collection services or for information regarding air quality, such as from vehicle emissions in your area.


General Enquiries – 01904 641 000

Contact the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs on their UK telephone number 01904 641 000 for enquiries about local recycling, animal welfare or environmental quality. For instance, you can use this number to report an instance of animal cruelty or to ask how to bring your pet to the UK from overseas. In contrast, you may have an enquiry regarding the charges implement for plastic carrier bags. Defra can also provide callers with support regarding a litter problem in your local area and how to report dog fouling or fly-tipping. Similarly, the helpline is useful for anyone who is reporting noise nuisance, whether industrial or from a neighbour.

However,the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs contact number 01904 641 000 is particularly helpful with matters pertaining to air quality. For instance, you should contact an advisor for a list of approved fuels and appliances that can be used in Smoke Control Areas. Alternatively, you may require information for local authorities on Air Quality Management, including means to reduce emissions from road transport vehicles.


Call Costs and Contact Hours

The Defra helpline uses a contact number that is prefixed with a local area code, meaning that callers are charged the same standard per-minute rate as any other local call from a UK mobile or landline. However, you may be able to contact the department for free if your mobile tariff is bundled with inclusive minutes or if your landline package has free calls to local numbers. are using any inclusive free minutes that have been offered by your telephone’s service provider. You will be able to contact UK Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs during their opening hours of 8.30am-5pm Monday to Friday.


Write to Defra

If you have been unable to contact Defra during the working week, or would simply like to elevate your enquiry by making it in formal writing, then you should use the following postal address for your correspondence: Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs, Foss House, 1-2 Peasholme Green, Kingspool, York, YO1 7PX, United Kingdom.